JANA Investment Advisers Pty Ltd (JANA) is a member of the National Australia Bank Group (Group). The Group includes banking, financing, funds management, financial planning, superannuation, insurance, broking and e-commerce organisations. This statement is an outline of certain matters relating to the collection and handling of your personal information by Group organisations.
Collecting your personal information
JANA will collect personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you or your organisation with a product or service (including assessing your application)
- managing and administering the product or service
- identifying you and protecting against fraud
- verifying your authority to act on behalf of a customer
- determining whether a beneficiary will be paid a benefit upon a person’s death
- letting you know about products or services from across the Group that might better serve your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs or promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested
- assessing your application for employment with the Group
If you provide us with incomplete or inaccurate personal information, JANA may not be able to process your requests and applications or manage or administer your products or services. It may also not be possible to tell you about other products or services from across the Group that might better serve your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs.
Using and disclosing your personal information
JANA may disclose your personal information to other organisations:
- involved in providing, managing or administering the products and services the Group offers, including third party suppliers (eg printers, posting services etc), other Group organisations, its advisers and loyalty and affinity program partners
- who are your financial or legal advisers or representatives and their service providers
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing the Group’s products, business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading the Group’s computer systems
- involved in a corporate re-organisation or involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of a Group organisation
- involved in the payments system including financial institutions, merchants and payment organisations
- which are Group organisations which wish to tell you about their products or services that might better serve your financial, e-commerce and lifestyle needs or promotions or other opportunities, and their related service providers, except where you tell the Group not to.
- As required or authorised by law and/or where you have given your consent
Your personal information may also be used in connection with such purposes. Because the Group operates throughout Australia and overseas, some of these uses and disclosures may occur outside your State and Territory and Australia.
Gaining access to your personal information
Subject to some exceptions allowed by law, you can gain access to your personal information. If access is denied, you will be given reasons for this. In some cases, your request may be dealt with over the telephone. For more information about your personal information and privacy, please call the JANA on 03 9602 5400.